Terms & Conditions
By visiting our “site” you accept and consent to all of our standard terms and conditions herein. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions as we deem necessary and will post any changes on this page.
The supplier of any goods ordered on the site is Little Scallywags.
In ordering goods from our “Site” you are deemed to have understood and accepted these terms. We reserve the right to remove or withdraw any items from this Site at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content.
Order acceptance and completion will take place on the despatch of the products ordered by you, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order due to the item no longer being available or due to our inability to obtain authorisation for payment. We reserve the right to reject any offer to purchase at any time.
If we encounter any problems with your order we will attempt to contact you within 24 hours (excluding weekends and bank holidays) provided you have supplied a valid telephone contact number or email address.
We take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure but, in the absence of negligence on our part, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party gains unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from our site.
Under the Consumer Protection Regulations 2013 you have the right to cancel your order within a period of 14 days. The period of 14 days begins on the day after the day you receive your goods.
Please be aware that your right to cancel does not apply to any bespoke or personalised items. Please refer to the Made to Order / Special Orders / Personalised items section below)
You must inform us of your wish to cancel in writing by email within a period of 14 days beginning on the day after the day you receive your goods giving full details of your order. We do not accept cancellation by telephone. Whilst you may inspect and assess the goods, the goods are not to be used and you must take all reasonable care to ensure the goods are not damaged prior to or whilst in transit back to us.
We want you to be happy with your order but should you not be entirely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return items in their original condition (including packaging) for a full refund within 7 working days of receipt of the items (excludes postage costs). Goods should be sent by Recorded or Registered Delivery. We recommend obtaining a Certificate of Posting.
When returning items you will be responsible for any loss or damage caused to the goods whilst in transit and if goods are lost or damaged in transit then we reserve the right to charge you, or not refund you, an amount equal to the loss or damage. We reserve the right to refuse a refund on the item, or deduct up to 100% of the original selling price from the refund amount if the product has not been returned to us in its original and fully re-saleable condition. Once received, all undamaged and correctly returned products will be refunded to you, within 10 working days.
Product Description & Accuracy
We ensure as best we can that our product descriptions are as full and accurate as possible.
Colour accuracy cannot be guaranteed as it is not only very difficult to photograph fabrics, threads and other items with an accurate colour rendition, but computer monitors also vary. We are happy to provide sample fabrics if required prior to order.
Due to the unique nature of the goods provided there may be slight colour variations in the finished product.
Prices shown are in GBP and are inclusive of any VAT (Value Added Tax) at the prevailing rate.
In using our site, you confirm that the payment method used is yours. All card payments are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. On point of purchase we will take full payment in advance of delivery.
Refusal of Transaction
We reserve the right to withdraw any products from our Site at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content our Site. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from our Site whether or not that product has been sold, removing or editing any materials or content on our Site, refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun. To be eligible to purchase products on our Site and lawfully enter into and form contracts on our Site under English law you must:
- Be over 18 years of age;
- Register on our Site by providing your real name, a valid phone number, valid email address, valid payment details and other requested information;
- Possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us.
By making an offer to purchase a product, you specifically authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to, your debit or credit card number or credit reports, to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
Made To Order, Bespoke or Personalisation
Made to order and bespoke items are any orders where the product is made to the customer’s own specifications.
Personalised orders are where the customer has requested that the item has personal details such as name, initials, date of birth, etc., applied to the item.
The above items are exempt from the Distance Spelling Regulations and once confirmed cannot be cancelled, amended, exchanged or refunded under any circumstances. Likewise personalised items, once personalised, cannot be cancelled, amended, exchanged or refunded under any circumstances.
Defective, Faulty or Damaged Goods
In the unlikely event that your order arrives faulty or damaged please contact us on 07850 378367 or by email to email@example.com
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the goods purchased are 100% free of damages and defects, due to the handmade nature of our products, minor imperfections are to be expected and will not be deemed as defects, or reason for return.
We do not accept any claims for damage caused by the customer. If there is damage to either the inner or outer packaging please provide photographic evidence in order for us to process a claim.
We reserve the right to request that any defective, faulty or damaged items are returned to us in their original packaging for repair or replacement if necessary. The cost of return will be met by us and will be deducted from any applicable refund due.
We will not pass your details onto third parties for marketing purposes. We reserve the right to retain all customer details (including a paper copy) until such time as we deem it suitable or necessary to destroy them. We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order secure but, in the absence of negligence on our part, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party gains unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the site.
Delivery & Delivery Charges
Manufacturing times will vary with the nature of the product ordered. Once the item is completed we will inform you by e-mail that the item is ready for despatch.
The following services will be used unless you specifically request us to change these. Any changes will be at your cost.
Standard Delivery (First Class / Parcel) – £5.70
Used for items with a value of £50.00 or less. Please allow 3-5 working days for delivery. Items will be sent by First Class mail or Standard Parcel, depending on the size and weight. Good are insured for up to £50.00
Special Delivery – £7.25
1-2 working days (covers 99% of the UK – please see the Royal Mail website). Items will be sent by Special Delivery Next Day service. Please note Special Delivery items will need to be signed for. Special Delivery is insured up to £500.00
we always obtains Certificates of Posting and will be happy to make a claim on behalf of customers should items be lost by Royal Mail. Unfortunately, we cannot take responsibility for loss of items once they go in the post, so if your items are worth more than the insurance rates outlined for each delivery option, you may wish to obtain additional cover. If you would like to purchase additional insurance, or have your parcel sent by another carrier, we will be happy to accommodate this – please contact us to arrange this. We will then send you an invoice for any additional insurance or carrier costs which must be paid prior to good being sent.
We shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising as a result of a delay or failure to deliver products by a particular date or arising as a result of any cause beyond our control, including any force majeure event or the Customer’s failure to provide adequate delivery instructions.
Whilst we do not currently ship overseas, we are happy to discuss specific orders. In the event of an order requiring international shipping please note that any custom charges and import duties would not be included in the shipment cost.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- All content available on the website (including, but not limited to, text, graphics, trademarks, logos, images, design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and software) is the property of Little Scallywags, our affiliates, our partners or our licensors, and is protected by UK and international copyright and trademark laws. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents of this website in any form is prohibited. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit any of the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- You may create links to this website’s home page, or to other HTML pages on this website, from other websites. You must notify us if you do so and also ensure that this does not give rise to any copyright or trademark infringements. You are not permitted to link to any documents, graphics or other items directly.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
- Nothing contained in these Terms & Conditions affects or will affect your statutory rights in relation to the quality, fitness or description of the products supplied.